Did you know that oregano, a kind of herb, which is well known for its versatility in kitchen use for flavoring various eateries such as pasta, meat, etc., can also be used as a medicinal herb?
Surprised? But true. I was also surprised when I first heard that this herb can actually bust the parasites inside my stomach, which I have acquired during one of my trips to Southeast Asia.
I was suggested to take some oregano oil pills if I were to clean my stomach. I was a bit reluctant before, but later, I have learned from one of my Chinese friend that oregano oil is an effective anti-parasite drug.
It’s known to effectively fight various kinds of bacteria and fungus that enter into our stomach unknowingly. Apart from killing stomach parasites, oregano oil can also treat certain skin ailments. He told me that Chinese have been using this oregano oil to cure various health conditions for a long time.
I was enthusiastic and actually, a bit keen to actually find the truth by myself. I have decided to do some research myself on the internet to find if what my friend said was authenticate at all. Yes it was! So many people have already used this drug and were quite happy with the results. After doing enough home work, I finally decided to test it myself. And you know what? My Chinese friend was in fact true!
Before going into further details, I would like to issue a couple of warnings.
- People who are on medication for thinning their blood should not be using this drug. The reason being, oregano oil itself acts as blood thinning agent and consumption of this oil while on medication for blood thinning will further thin your blood, which can be dangerous.
- Pregnant or breast feeding women should abstain from using this drug in any form.
- Should not be applied on to the broken skin.
How oregano oil kills stomach parasites?
Oregano oil is a completely natural substance, and is obtained from the leaves of the oregano plant which grows naturally in the wild. Being a wild plant, it is completely free of any artificial chemicals and the very procedure used to extract the oil from its ripe leaves is also completely natural and free of any artificial chemicals. This makes it a much more effective drug compared to the conventional antibiotics.
As I did, many people who travel frequently, especially, to the third world countries, are prone to get infected by stomach parasites via contaminated food and/or water. A research conducted by Mayo Clinic in the year 2011 revealed that oregano oil has antibacterial characteristics. Scientific evidences show that oregano oil can effectively tackle stomach parasites such as round worms, pin worms as well as tapeworms.
Oregano oil is composed of highly effective phenols such as thymol and carvacrol which are quite capable of fighting various kinds of harmful bacteria. It also contains terpenes, rosmarinic acid, naringin and other powerful antibacterial compounds which are capable of killing dangerous germs and stomach parasites.
- One part of oregano oil should be mixed with three parts of carrier oil (either coconut oil or olive oil).
- Take this dosage for a maximum of five times a day. Do not use it for more than 10 to 12 days.
- Do not consume the drug during the night time.
- Drink as much water as you can to help flush the dead bacteria, germs, parasites and other pathogens.
As mentioned before, I have tried it myself for two days, and found it to be a very effective bug buster. In short, oregano oil is at par, if not more powerful, than any other antibiotic drug such as vancomycin, streptomycin and pencillin in killing the harmful bacteria, germs and not to mention, the stomach parasites.